Saturday, February 14, 2015

Hoka take two

     Hoka. It's not pronounce huka! I get the looks from sales people when I say it that way. I'm sure they get that all the time.
     I ran my 5k test today. It happened to be at the Pro-Motion Love em or Leave em 5k at Green Lake park. I volunteer for Pro-Motion at various races and get a free entry for the race. I can save the free entry and use it at a later race. For someone on a limited training budget this is great. It is lots of fun as well. They have several races throughout the year. If you want to join me for some fun let me know.I did ok on my test. I race 10 seconds slower than my last Green Lake run in November. I could breath though due to my pre-race inhaler and did not feel as yucky.
     The Hoka Bodni 3's did not work. I got half a size smaller but they were still too big and rubbed on the outside of my left ankle. While I was at Green Lake I went to my favorite running store, Road Runner Sports, and took them back. Love their 90 day guarantee! They did not have Bondi 3 in store so I tried on Bondi 4. Right size but still rubbed. Sales girl ended up giving me Clifton's to try. Hoka's lightest shoe and fit great! A little more cost but not much, $116. A lot of money but I can double the miles in them. When I finally nail down the right shoe I can go to Runningwearhouse.com and get them cheaper. Way cheaper. But for now just trying to figure the right shoe for me. 


Hoka Clifton
     This is my snack bin. Either I need to eat more or buy less. It's getting a little full. Some of you may know that I mainly eat Paleo. Sometimes I cheat. Oh well. I ate really bad in November and December  and gained weight on purpose knowing I will be starting my training off right with doing the Whole9 for 30 days in January. I feel so good after that 30 days! I could use the extra fat for my IM training.

Thanks for reading! 
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment