Friday, February 13, 2015

I had my moment!

     Finally had an aha moment in my swimming! (Aha -- noun, Informal. 1. a point in time, event, or experience when one has a sudden insight or realization. Dictionary.com) I've actually have had a few aha moments with swimming. It is so technical. Rowing was the same way. But at least with rowing I could power through a race and still breath with out fear of drowning. I was on top of the water, not in. 
     Anyway, today was a pretty good swim. I used my dragging shorts today. It gets so hard with these things. My arms were cooked by the last set of my workout. This is the second week I have been using them and with only one swim a week for now. 
     My breakthrough moment came after I had watched a series of videos, but particularly one. The early vertical forearm or the high-elbow pull has been so hard to understand and to perform for me. I found this set of videos this week and tried it in the pool today and it was like a switch was flipped! I hope this helps you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTQpF_mmg44

     I am anxious for open water swimming (OWS). So what do I do? I order a Safer Swimmer buoy of course. Barely through my second of seven months of Ironman training and I want to swim in the lakes around here. I know the more I do the better I will get. Always improving!

Kiefer SaferSwimmer Medium Buoy 

Bree Wee is my favorite female pro triathlete. She is a mom and she is a fighter. She is a good person. Here is her new website.   
http://www.breewee.com/

If you want to check out what she has been up to in the past several years here is here old website. 
http://breeweehawaii.blogspot.com/

Oh. And she won IM Canada last year.

1 comment: